Sunday, September 30, 2012

You are beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Kamu cantik, cantik, dari hatimu!

-Cherrybelle, Indonesian girl band

It's heartbreaking more often than not that many Indonesians think that being white is the most beautiful thing ever, because there are so many beautiful people here. For some proof, see these shots below, some of my favorite so far from Indonesia. 



Ellie, Nurul and I enjoying ice cream. And being embarrassed that we were all wearing purple to a wedding. 


Fahri (host bro) playing ping pong

Iqbal (host bro) sporting a farmer's hat, not to mention looking so ASIAN!

Iqbal and his girlfriend, Rosi. Check out that height difference!

Sari, my best neighbor friend, who screams, "MISS SARAH!!!" runs at me, and hugs my legs whenever I pass!  While I  usually grit my teeth and bear everyone asking where I am going, I look forward to passing Sari!

The Asian squat. 

Riza (co-worker) looking very legit as a basketball player.


This angkot driver just, you know, trimming his facial hair while waiting for customers.

Tammy, fellow PCV, enjoying the hotel's complimentary tea and donuts, and looking sophisticated as ever! 

Misbah, aka "Mis," too! (host cousin)
A host relative of some sort, cracking up about us trying to play a traditional Javanese racing game. 

2 comments:

  1. We filled out the PSAT answer sheets this week and my kids were wonderful why race was important, and I explained that many scholarships are available to people of different backgrounds and ethnicities, and the phrase was uttered "being white is lame." What wonderful pictures, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete