Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthday.

Title courtesy of Nick Holschuh

My 24th birthday (Wookie reminded me I'm sooo much close to a quarter of a century now, thanks for that one, pal!) was at the end of January. I celebrated by:

Going to Bromo!! 

Wow! 

Mt. Semeru at sunrise

The conquer pose

This failed jump shot never ceases to crack me up. Well done, 24 years, well done. 

Steaming away

Allegedly this maze of sand dunes is new since about 2011 when Bromo last erupted...I didn't know that it was an active volcano and had recently erupted until I was safely back home...

Into the crater!
Brian at Selecta, a swimming pool by our training villages.


. . .

My neighbors also celebrated with me!

Umroh cooking pancakes on a front porch, why not!?

I think these women though that the water balloon looked like...well, you know...

Toss, toss, toss! 

Zaiky is fully experiencing the stress of trying to win Limbo!

Yikes! Anggra gets low...
Makan kerupuk! Basically bobbing for apples, but with kerupuk on a string!

I got some great gifts, including chocolate (from fellow PCV Tammy), 2 necklaces (from my friend Ophie) laundry detergent, guitar earrings, and three notebooks (from my neighbor girls. 


Result: 24 was a fabulous birthday. Siiiiiiiiiip!

No comments:

Post a Comment