Thursday, August 22, 2013

3,676 meters above sea level

Last week I hiked to the highest peak on Java, Mahameru Peak. It was hands down one of the best things I've done in my entire time here in Indonesia. Scratch that, maybe one of the best trips I've been on in my life. Seriously. It is really, really hard to express how amazing this experience was. Making new Indonesians friends was also a key part of why this trip was so awesome. Brian (a fellow PCV) and I met these new friends through a friend of a friend on Facebook, and joined up with their group. 18 strangers together climbing the highest mountain on Java lead to an unforgettable experience. My heart is still so full of joy when I think about this!

Check out my pictures here! All the captions tell the story.





No comments:

Post a Comment