Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May!

Breaking News from Indonesia! May 1st is Hari Bekerja Nasional (National Work Day). I haven't figured out if that means that some people have the day off or if it just equals a lot of protesting!

Here is news from Jakarta, the capital:http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/05/01/may-day-protesters-stop-constitutional-court.html

In Batu, my area, people were protesting because of a new hotel being built. The hotel's construction is polluting their water. I was visiting a school this morning (and meeting the best looking Indonesian man I have ever seen!), so I did not see any of the protest. 

I'm also in the works of trying to upload a video update from me about this ridiculous bike ride I was in on Sunday, but I have no idea how to do it, so more on that later!






1 comment:

  1. This beautiful guy... what was his name? Should we be calling him Beelzebub or something? ;D

    ReplyDelete