Thursday, May 24, 2012

Snapsnot

Melanie teaching at practicum!

Just a little Hindu goddess statue outside the PUBLIC bathing houses. Haven't used those yet, don't know if I can bring myself to do so!

Mary and Ibu Anna from the practicum school. Can you believe that Anna is 42? Looking great!


This is my new, beautiful country!



Myself and 2 teachers from a middle school in Batu

Pak Hengky, my Indonesian teacher. Funniest man I've ever met! And Liz, from Kansas, Carrie!

Julie displaying the bamboo trees!

Julie, my new best friend in Indonesia. We are both on the prowl for men and chocolate!

In the botanical gardens

For Kelsea!

English camp day at a high school in Sidomulyo. Warm up: the human knot!

The boys' session is on team building/games (musical chairs above) and the girls' session was on American culture.

To an Arema game! Cultural facilitator Opi and Ellen from MI

Sidomulyo group! Typical Mike being creepy in the background...

A rainbow of pink-toned jilbabs color the room on my visit to a current volunteer's site.

Eating lunch at my extended host family's house. Yes, this is the uncle that has a undying love for bakso (a very sub-par meatball. More like gelatinous, squishy spam.)

No comments:

Post a Comment